Monday 15 July 2013

The World's End Four Day Special Event (16-19/07/2013); Introduction



The Introduction! 

Well, the more film savvy readers amongst you will know that this Friday is the worldwide release date for the highly anticipated finale to Edgar Wright's Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy, Consisting of Shaun of The Dead (Strawberry), Hot Fuzz (Original) and The World's End (Mint Choc-Chip). Because this trilogy is not only an historic event for British film making, fanboys lives and cinematic history, me here at ReviewThe250 thought that I would pay tribute to the trilogy and Edgar Wright's work the only way I know how; I am going to review the lot! For the next four days (starting tomorrow, on the 15th) I am going to review his biggest projects to date:

16th July: Shaun of the Dead
17th July: Hot Fuzz
18th July: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World
19th July: The Worlds End!

Also, despite not doing a dedicated review on the following projects, I am also going to comment on the influence of his first hit TV show Spaced and also his upcoming contribution to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Ant-Man. It's going to be a cool 4 days!

Now, why make all this fuss over one director who is barely heard of by mainstream audiences and would probably still not be recognised in the street by even his most adoring fans? Well, for a start, his films are just great. He will go down in history as a landmark in stylistic film making and will be adored for years by audiences. His collaborative comedic writing style is hilarious; side-splittingly funny! When he's teamed up with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost he's unstoppable! Not really seen a lot of his work? Well then, I deeply encourage you to keep up with my blog over the next few days. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook for up to the minute info on my postings and blog entries. I hope to educate you about the importance, the significance and the talent of one of my favourite film makers. I want it to lead to you joining me this weekend and venturing out of the house to go and see The World's End at the cinema. After all this buildup  it better be good!

Like I said, do follow ReviewThe250 on Facebook and Twitter for all the instant updates;
www.facebook.com/Review250
@reviewthe250 #review250

Also feel free to email me;
reviewthe250@gmail.com

As always, thanks for reading! 

William

Next: Monsters University (Out Now)

Helpful Hint: I recommend you go and read my Ratatouille (#230) review for a little background knowledge.

P.S. Happy Birthday to my Sister, Livvy! She's 17 today, so please comment below if you want to wish her a Happy Birthday! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment